One of the most widespread and most commonly transmitted febrile heard the dengue fever.
Although this infection is considered relatively harmless, it leads to at least 500,000 hospitalizations worldwide. The number of deaths is estimated to be at least 20,000.
Know here about dengue fever causes, symptoms and treatment tips for patients. By paying attention on these simple tips you can prevent your self and your family from life threatening dengue disease.
Dengue is a viral disease that is transmitted by certain species of mosquitoes. It is especially common in the warmer regions of the earth. Usually it comes after infection for several days, fever and severe muscle and bone pain.
However, especially children can also suffer dengue hemorrhagic fever or dengue shock syndrome. This serious disease is life threatening, but fortunately rare.
Most mosquitoes bite during the day, preferably in the morning and evening hours and often several times. Male mosquitoes are not affected because they do not suck blood.
Dengue fever is a viral disease that is transmitted by infected mosquitoes of the genus Aedes (mainly Aedes aegypti, but Aedes albopictus).
The diurnal mosquitoes like to breed in the vicinity of settlements, where they proliferate in small water clusters containers tires and puddles.
In the areas affected by dengue fever (endemic areas) therefore increases the transmission of dengue virus during the rainy season. The disease is not directly transmitted from person to person.
1. Dengue fever usually occurs 3 to 7 days (rarely up to 14 days) after the bite of an infected mosquito on. In about 90% of cases the disease is mild, with flu like symptoms.
2. In the remaining 10% occurs at the beginning of acute high fever accompanied by chills, headache and body aches.
3. After 3 to 4 days, a rash may occur, which is distributed with the exception of the face over the body. Dengue fever usually heals spontaneously after 10 days.
1. The treatment of dengue fever is symptomatic, i.e. directed against the pathogen medication does not exist. Good care (acutely ill patients require ongoing assistance, such as supportive companion on the way to the toilet).
2. Adequate fluid replacement! Patients with fever and moreover in the tropics have significantly more drinking than usual, as the thirst requires. Drinking List! A cup or small water glass = 150 ml The attending physician prescribes the additional fluid intake, which may be 3 to 4 liters of liquid with fever and lack of other underlying diseases.
3. A causal therapy is not currently available. The doctor recommends certain Pain and fever reducing drugs policy. Drugs that affect blood clotting such as Aspirin should not be taken.
4. Runs the serious illness, must be rapid hospitalization. The doctors give liquid to an infusion into a vein to prevent shock. In some cases, the administration of blood or intensive medical attention is require
Dengue fever in Urdu